Welcome to White Manor Country Club. We are excited to have you "experience" the #3 Ranked "Modern Design" golf course and #14 overall course in Pennsylvania, by GolfWeek Magazine. White Manor was redesigned and completely renovated in 2003 by the highly rated course architects from Bobby Weed Design of Pointe Vedra Beach, FL. The course re-opened to rave reviews and accolades in August 2003, winning an award as U.S. Course Renovation of the Year. We look forward to providing you with the best club experience possible. Below are some tips that will help you to acquaint yourself with our traditions, which will allow you to have a very enjoyable experience here at White Manor.
Enter the club through the main driveway, and follow the signs for the sports entrance / bag drop area to your right; where you are greeted by a staff member. They will take your clubs and direct you to the appropriate locker room facility. You will enter the building through the Sports Entrance. (Park your vehicle in the main parking lot.)
The staff member will direct you to the appropriate locker room facility. A locker room attendant will show you to your locker, and will direct you to the Golf Pro Shop or the Grille Room for lunch with your host.
Dress Code on the Golf Course and All Practice Facilities
- All male golfers must keep their shirts tucked in at all times. Hats must be worn forward. Tank tops and undershirts are not acceptable. The length of shorts must be no shorter thanthree inches above the knee. Jeans, cutoffs, cargo shorts, or jogging outfits are not acceptable. Bathing attire is not permissible. Golf shoes must have non-metal spikes only.
- Sleeveless shirts are acceptable for female golfers, but halter tops, tank tops and spaghetti straps are not acceptable. The length of shorts is to be no shorter than three inches above the knee. Jeans, cutoffs, cargo shorts, or jogging outfits are not acceptable. Bathing attire is not permissible. Golf shoes must have non-metal spikes only.
- Juniors must be similarly attired with the only exception being that shorts are to be
proportional to the adult minimum.
- All questions regarding the appropriate attire when using the golf facilities should be directed to the Golf Pro Shop Staff.
Care of the Course
Each Member and Guest has the responsibility of taking care of the course. Please:
- Repair ball marks on the greens. Please use only the approved ball mark repair tool, which will be supplied to you. See the Caddy Master if you do not have the tool.
- Repair divots on the tee boxes and fairways. Please replace the divot whenever possible; if not, use the divot mix provided on the carts. A good rule of thumb for divot replacement is if you can pick up the divot replace it, if not, fill the divot hole with the sand/seed mix.
- Before leaving a bunker, carefully rake over all foot prints. Bunkers are to be entered and departed from their lowest points. Rakes are to be left inside traps. If you are playing a late afternoon or evening round, it is necessary to rake the bunkers before proceeding.
- Deposit smoking materials and other litter in available containers and never on the course.
- Daily notices regulating the movement of golf carts must be strictly obeyed.
By adhering to these important responsibilities we believe everyone's White Manor golfing experience will be enhanced.
Pace of Play
Members and Guests are expected to play a round of golf in four hours and ten minutes or less. Please be ready to play at all times. Pick up your ball if you are out of a hole and putt continuously when appropriate. To be respectful to our neighbors when searching for your golf ball, stay on the course and refrain from entering their private property. A fore caddie will be required, if available, if you are a reciprocal group of another club, or a group with a member and three guests.
Golf Facilities Include
- 18-hole private, private, secluded, quiet, natural, scenic, unique, well-maintained, pristine, sparkling, playable, modern, challenging, fair, accessible golf course.
- All weather driving range, featuring Titleist NXT golf balls and 6 target greens ranging from 60 to 240 yards, each with a target flag and yardages laser-measured daily.
- Two-hole short-game practice area, featuring 7 bunkers, allowing players to practice bunker shots from greenside to 90 yards from a target pin. Pitching and chipping practice areas simulate all conditions found on the course.
- Improve your putting stroke and scoring skills on our two practice putting greens.
White Manor accepts its stewardship of the environment and local watershed seriously. We provide wildlife habitat, protect water quality and improve our overall environment, all while preserving the natural heritage of the game of golf. The Club is an active member and participant in local conservancy and watershed preservation organizations.
The Club embraces an environmentally respectful approach. Course design and engineering, and its maintenance strategy make the course environmentally friendly.